History of UKPS
UK Power Solutions’ aim is to be the UK’s leading independent multi-utility connection provider. Throughout the company’s history, we have been a customer-focused business, delivering high quality, flexible solutions. We are now able to do that for a wide range of utility connection requirements. The business was established in 2007 to build electricity networks; we are now accredited for electricity, gas and water connections and have the ability to offer fibre in certain markets as well.
Working closely with our customers, we deliver a turnkey solution to meet both their technical and commercial requirements. Our dedicated team of experienced and knowledgeable engineers manages projects from the initial customer enquiry through to design, construction, energisation and the final adoption by the network operators, ensuring projects and assets are delivered on time and to budget.
UKPS has substantial experience in delivering connections across a wide range of market segments, from residential, commercial and mixed-use projects through to renewable energy connections. The growth of the company, from our Head Office in Gloucestershire to establishing dedicated sales, design and project management offices in London and Warrington, enables us to provide nationwide coverage.
At UKPS we are fully accredited as part of the National Electricity Registration Scheme (NERS Accredited) to design and construct new electrical utility connections. Our Gas Industry Registration Scheme (GIRS) accreditation enables us to undertake New Connections work up to 7Bar (intermediate pressure). In 2019 we became accredited under the Water Industry Registration Scheme (WIRS) to undertake water connections.
Brian has an extensive sales and marketing background in the high and medium voltage distribution industry. He joined UKPS in 2009 and is responsible for business development, marketing and the estimating teams, which has enabled the company’s dynamic sales growth.
Having spent over 15 years in DNOs and ICPs before establishing UKPS, Nick has significant industry experience, from craft skills and asset management, through to large programme delivery. He is responsible for the development of Operations at UKPS.
James is an experienced Chartered Accountant with strong management credentials and broad business experience. He worked in technology, engineering and manufacturing businesses of up to £150m and was Group Finance Director of Vislink PLC for 13 years before joining UKPS in November 2014.
UKPS is accredited by the Water Industry Registration Scheme (WIRS), operated by Lloyds Register on behalf of water utility companies.
- Expansion of Westworld offices in London.
- We hit 100,000+ connections to businesses and homes.
- Launched our new IT platform to facilitate customer plot call off via our website portal; a first for the industry.
Infracapital, the infrastructure equity investment arm of M&G Prudential, agrees to acquire a controlling equity stake in UK Power Solutions.
- Expansion of Head Office in Stonehouse.
- Opening of Warrington design office.
- Opening of UKPS training facility in Stonehouse.
- Opening of delivery centre in Warrington.
- Accreditation under the Lloyds Gas Industry Registration Scheme (GIRS).
- Opening of East London delivery centre in Basildon
- Implementation of Access FocalPoint ERP systems across the business.
- London office moved to the prestigious West World to accommodate growth
- Opening of design and estimating office in London.
- Placed 29th in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100
- Design & construction of our first primary substation
- Secured 15,000+ unit mixed-use development project in London (Royal Wharf)
Opening of London delivery centre
Secured first 1000+ unit residential project
Secured £3m international project with Schnieder Electric
- NERS Accreditation