We are now looking for an Applications Support Technician to join our office in Stonehouse, Gloucester. This role will report to the IT Manager and be part of the wider group IT team. Could you be the perfect fit?
About the Role:
The IT Team is in the process of an exciting merge into a large corporate IT group, this will present large scale IT projects which will facilitate digital change across the entire group of companies. The Applications Support Technician role is a fantastic opportunity to work across different application platforms and to work with the latest cloud applications.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- To provide support to users in resolving IT application-related incidents, service requests and problems in a timely and efficient manner in line with Business requirements.
- To provide timely communication to users on the status of their service requests and incidents.
- Prioritise and schedule assigned support activities and tasks.
- To apply appropriate application maintenance, support and incident management processes and procedures to support and maintain IT applications, and to investigate and resolve IT application-related incidents.
- Provide first line IT support across all business functions.
- Liaise with 3rd Party Suppliers of solutions in support of IT application-related incidents and ensure problems are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Design, test and modify management reports using existing tools.
- To support the development of applications under the supervision of the IT Manager.
- Maintain IT application support technical documentation.
- Carry out ad hoc duties as required by the IT Manager.
What we are looking for:
- Skilled in IT problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Good communication skills
- “Can do” attitude; willingness to learn new skills and take on new tasks; Team player.
- Understands software and hardware requirements of varied departmental systems.
- Analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving ability.
- Good organisational skills.
- Experience of Windows 10, Microsoft Office and other application problem solving.
- Qualification in an IT related subject
- Experience in ERP/CRM Systems
- Basic technical understanding of SQL programming language
- Experience in helpdesk support
Please be advised you must have the right to work in the UK to be able to apply for this role.
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- Competitive starting salary, dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year after two complete years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Life Insurance (3x salary)
- 7% Employer Pension Contribution
- Private Medical Insurance (following successful probation)
- Employee Assistance Programme with access to employee savings site