This is an exciting time for UKPS and we are now looking for an ambitious, driven and tenacious Business Development Engineer in the East Midlands to join our established and innovative company.
About the Role:
This purpose of the Business Development Engineer role will be to work closely with our existing and future customers to identify, develop and secure new electricity, gas and water connection projects predominantly in the East of England. This will involve both technical input and negotiation.
You will be responsible for identifying opportunities in industrial, commercial, residential & generation connections, working closely with the wider Business Development team and Sales Manager (North).
You will manage commercial risks and secure financial commitment from our Clients in order to meet the company sales targets.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintain strong relationships with customers for future business growth.
- Analyse existing and potential customer base to identify and secure business development opportunities.
- Use company customer relations management (CRM) database with effective results.
- Develop good customer relationships by personal visits, phone calls, follow-ups, e-mails etc.
- Assist the estimating team in quotations activities, such as price and delivery negotiations with customers.
- Work with internal teams to achieve targeted business goals.
- Conduct marketing campaigns and attend trade shows, job fairs etc. in order to increase the company’s recognition.
- Prepare presentations and demonstrations on business development opportunities for customers.
- Conduct competitor analysis and market research to develop roadmap and sales strategy to secure new business.
- Provide relevant and agreed company KPI’s on a monthly basis.
- Achieve and exceed, agreed monthly/yearly sales targets.
The successful candidate for this role will be required to attend customer sites, UKPS offices and other locations as required, with a base at their home address. We are interested to hear from candidates based in any of the following areas: DN, NG, DE, LE, NG, LN, PE, NG, LN, PE, NR, NN, MK.
What we are looking for:
- Proven sales track record in a business to business environment (essential)
- Business development experience within electricity/gas networks (desirable)
- Experience of new connections markets (desirable)
- To be a successful Business Development Engineer, you will need to be commercially aware, target driven and used to working under pressure and to tight timescales
- You will need to well organized/driven and have strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to be adaptable and to sell technically based solutions and services.
- Must have the ability to communicate using different mediums with and to sell to all appropriate levels within the market up to and including Director level.
- Good negotiation and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated but able to work well in a team environment.
- I.T. literate and proficient with Microsoft office software.
- Must have a full UK driving licence
What we can offer you:
- Competitive basic salary
- Company car
- Annual bonus (based on achieving sales target)
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year after two complete years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Life Cover (3x salary)
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution
- Private Medical Insurance (following successful probation)
- Employee Assistance Programme