We are looking for a Civils Field Manager, in a mobile role with travel required to various customer sites and UKPS offices, with a base at your home address. As a result, the successful candidate will have a full UK driving license and will need to be flexible with regards to travel.
About the Role:
The main function of the Civils Field Manager role is to support and manage a team of Supervisors specifically dedicated to the delivery of the company’s civil works. This will involve using both internal staff and external contractors to complete works in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- The Planning, organisation and effective delivery of the company’s civil activities
- Coaching and Managing a team of Civil Supervisors to achieve the above
- Managing relationships with Subcontractors, dealing with disputes with regards to safety, quality and costs
- Ensuring the timely and accurate flow of information/documentation between the Civil Supervisors, Civil Works Planner and the subcontractors
- Ensuring a robust auditing regime is in place with resultant actions being closed out effectively – Target to be agreed with National Civils Manager.
- Provide support to the Sales and Estimating team where required
- To motivate the supervisory team to deliver the civil KPI’s in terms of volumes of audits and driving down S74’s, FPNs, defects and failed inspections.
- Feed into Monthly KPI’s/reporting for the National Civils Manager as required
- Liaise with the other Field Manager’s, Project Managers and Construction Managers to ensure overall effective delivery of the civils elements of UKPS projects
- Review completed projects and provide feedback to management on performance and lessons learnt
What we are looking for:
- Experience as a Senior Supervisor/Field Manager within the multi utility industry
- Have a strong network of contacts and knowledge within the civil engineering discipline
- A sound understanding of TMA, NRSWA and permitting schemes
- Previous work scheduling experience with multiple teams desirable
- Previous track record of effective communication with both internal and external parties
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Proficient in word, excel and outlook
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Wants to make a difference
In return for your hard work and dedication we can offer you:
- Competitive starting salary
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year after two complete years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Life Insurance (3x salary)
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution
- Private Medical Insurance (following successful probation)
- Employee Assistance Programme