We are looking for a Domestic Gas Meter Installer to join our team in Peterborough and ensure that all meters are installed in a safe and professional manner and to a high standard.
About the Role:
The Domestic Gas Meter Installer, Peterborough is directly responsible for ensuring that all meters are installed in a safe and professional manner and to a high standard and in line with UKPS GIRS, NERS and WIRS Method Statements. The Multi-Utility Meter Installer is responsible to the Resources Manager.
• To be responsible to the Resources Manager
• To work safely at all times and ensure the safety of all those working around them.
• To comply with the requirements of the UKPS GIRS, WIRS & NERS Health and Safety, Quality and Environment policies.
• To report all accidents and near misses.
• To undertake daily Site Specific Risk Assessments
• To work in accordance with all UKPS procedures and policies
• To ensure that all GIRS, WIRS & NERS work is undertaken in line with GIRS, WIRS & NERS operational procedures and method statements
• To be responsible for ensuring that any pipes laid by others and meter boxes fitted on site are compliant and verify that these have been checked. Meter area only.
• Installing smart meters in line with company and industry standards.
• Keep to daily records and ensuring stock is managed from a central distribution point.
• Completing testing in line with industry standards and codes of practice.
• Completing and maintaining documentation on the internal scheduling system as required.
• To attend training and update courses as required
• To accept delivery of materials and check inspection, calibration and conformity certification
• To ensure the site is administered effectively and efficiently to give a quality product
• To plan future work with the Resources Manager and Resources Site Managers as appropriate
• To accurately record details of work undertaken.
• To understand the role as part of a GIRS, NERS and WIRS Utility Infrastructure Provider organisation
• To represent UKPS in a professional manner at all times.
What we are looking for:
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- CCN1/MET1/REGT1 or CMA1/MET1 (or equivalent); MOCoPA
- Previous Experience Installing Domestic Smart Meters
- Valid EUSR Card (SHEA Gas)
- Medium Pressure Trained
- City & Guild Qualification
- Gas Safe Registration
What we can offer you:
- Competitive hourly rate (dependent on experience)
- Paid travel time
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year after two complete years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Life Insurance (3x salary)
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution
- Private Medical Insurance (following successful probation)
- Employee Assistance Programme