We are looking for an experienced Electrical Technician to join our growing Major Projects department to be remotely based.
About the Role:
The main purpose of the Electrical Technicians role is to assist the Technical Engineer in his duties commissioning and testing. To carry out installation work including small power and lighting within the Primary substation buildings. Control wiring and marshalling cabinet connections. Supervision of sub-contractors. Control of general materials to complete the works. To provide support to the Project Manager and Technical Engineer in their duties and enable the successfully delivery of new electricity Major Projects.
This is a mobile role, with frequent travel to customers, sites and UKPS offices. A home base in central England would be an advantage but not essential as the project’s location could be anywhere in the South of the country.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Supervise internal and external staff; covering substation construction builds, cable jointing, substation major plant and switchgear installation, excavation & reinstatement, cable installation.
- Assist other members of the team with their duties as instructed
- Installation work including small power and lighting and control wiring.
- Monitor project safety and implement control measures.
- Prepare Work Instructions, Risk Assessments & Method Statements.
- Control project materials
- Liaise with and support both the client and UKPS team to ensure smooth project delivery
- Follow all UKPS policies and procedures
What we are looking for:
Experience / Knowledge:
- 5 years’ experience in commercial/industrial electrical installation work
- Supervisory experience advantageous.
- Qualification in Electrical Installation work to BS7671
- Solid work ethics with a flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to work effectively within a team, with good internal and external communication skills
- Customer service orientated, and a desire to achieve the best results and contribute to the success of UKPS
- Problem solver and solution provider
What we can offer you:
- Competitive starting salary
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year after two complete years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Death in Service Insurance (3x salary)
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution
- Private Medical Insurance (following successful probation)
- 24/7, 365 days a year confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme