Flexible Mixed Use Solutions for Embassy Gardens
Embassy Gardens is a 21st century mixed use development spanning a 15 acre site, consisting of 2,000 new homes, 600,000 sq.ft. of office space, 100,000 sq.ft. of retail and leisure space and a 100 bed hotel. Located in Nine Elms, directly opposite the new American Embassy, this is one of the largest development sites in London.
To date, UK Power Solutions’ works on this high profile site have consisted of the design and installation of four distribution substations, two temporary substations and over 3,000m of HV cable. Equally important for our client, in this heavily developed part of London, was our ability to promptly secure load capacity and a Point of Connection to meet our clients’ needs.
Unlike the host Distribution Network Operator, UKPS was also able to offer the design and installation of the internal Low Voltage network. This has included the installation of multiple service distribution boards and almost 2,000m of internal LV voltage cable installation.
Like many developments of this size, the scope of works and customer requirements are constantly changing. At UKPS we understand this and have worked closely with the client to deliver flexible and commercial solutions. For example, at the request of the client, phases were quoted under separate proposals. This not only met the clients’ requirement for flexibility but also provided more manageable payments terms.
UKPS has worked closely with the client to develop a successful build-out strategy to get the most out of the available load in this power hungry area of development.
- Design/supply/install all electrical connection works from point of connection to over 600 residential and 15 commercial metering points.
- Supply and install over 2,000m of 11kV cable.
- Supply and install 4 distribution substations.
- Supply and install 2 temporary substations.
- Site quoted in separate phases to suit client’s needs.
- We ensured client secured capacity and Point of Connection to meet multi-phase requirements.
- Flexibility at design stage to meet client changes to the site and building layout.
- Bespoke substation design to maximise development space.
- Internal IDNO adoptable network installed, avoiding requirement for BNO appointment.
- Design solution found to difficult export conditions.
- Ability to coordinate works with other utility providers involved.
- Supplied and installed a large amount of offsite cable, working closely with the local authorities and other developers in this “utility congested” area.
No Obligation Proposal
For a no obligation proposal and outline design email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0845 2577105.