High Voltage Connections for Cheltenham Racecourse
The £45million redevelopment of Cheltenham Racecourse included the creation of a new five and a half storey grandstand which had to be completed in time for The Festival in 2016.
UKPS were initially brought into the project to install a new, privately owned transformer. Pleased with our work, the client then appointed UKPS to undertake new connection works for adoption, comprising the build of a new High Voltage metered supply to cater for the increased load requirements.
The customer was impressed, not only by how quickly we were able to produce a quotation but also how fast we mobilised once the order had been placed. In addition to the new connection works, UKPS were also able to undertake the installation of private HV cable and transformers onsite.
The solution included the design, supply and installation of 3,500m of HV cable and 1,700m of offsite excavation and, with events scheduled for the racecourse, speed of delivery and flexibility were key to the success of this project.
Throughout the project UKPS were able to meet the customer’s demanding timescales, completing the connection on time and to budget.
- Supply and install 3,500m of 11kV cable.
- 1,700m of offsite excavation works.
- Supply and install HV metered substation equipment.
- Supply and install new privately owned transformer and HV cabling.
- Design capability.
- Delivery of substantial offsite civil works.
- Project management of a complete package of works including privately owned network and a new connection to an existing network.
- Consideration for the future requirements of the site.
- Technical assistance.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
No Obligation Proposal
For a no obligation proposal and outline design email email@example.com or call us on 0845 2577105.