We are currently looking for a number of Multi Utility Site Managers to join our growing team. These are mobile roles, with frequent travel to customers, sites and UKPS offices. We are interested in speaking to experienced candidates across London, the South East, South West, Midlands and East of England.
About the role:
The main purpose of the Multi Utility Site Managers’ role is to provide on-site supervision for the successful delivery of the construction of new Electricity, Gas & Water connection projects, on behalf of a growing ICP (Independent Connection Provider) with a national footprint.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role:
- Supervise UKPS internal staff and subcontractors in the delivery of the on-site elements of new Electricity, Gas & Water connections.
- Ensure works are carried out in line with UKPS health, safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Ensure all works are completed to the relevant iDNO, DNO, GDN, IGT & Water companies standards
- Undertake on site safety and quality audits, recording and closing out any project non-conformances.
- Organise and supervise staff to ensure productivity is maximized.
- Have an understanding of client/project requirements and timescales and ensure these are met.
- Liaise with Clients Site Manager(s) regarding programming and management of onsite works.
- Produce Work Instructions, Risk Assessments, Method Statements for craft teams.
- Ensure all paperwork is returned, check and sign off as per UKPS’ processes & procedures.
- Effective management of multiple sites.
- Liaise with UKPS Electric, Gas & Water technical teams where required regarding energisations and live mains extensions etc.
- Manage project materials in line with the project budget and UKPS’ processes and procedures.
- Regularly communicate with the MU Team and provide regular reports as required.
- To be fully aware of the market that UK Power Solutions are operating within.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in site supervision within the Utilities distribution industry would be desirable.
- Previous authorisations within the utilities industry would be an advantage.
- Previous experience of craft skills working on distribution networks would be advantageous.
- Qualification in Electrical, Gas or Water would be an advantage but not essential
- Solid organisational ability and strong influencing skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, with good communication skills.
- Customer service orientated, and a desire to achieve the best results and contribute to the success of UKPS.
Problem solver and solution provider.
- The following would be beneficial but training can be provided as required;
- EUSR or equivalent
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
What we can offer you:
- Competitive starting salary
- Company vehicle
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year after two complete years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Life Insurance (3x salary)
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution
- Private Medical Insurance (following successful probation)
- Employee Assistance Programme with access to employee savings site