We are looking for a talented Operations Engineer to join our growing team in London.
About the Role:
The role will involve using technical knowledge, initiative and problem-solving skills to provide support to Craftsmen and Project Managers with construction, audit and energisation of constructed electricity networks.
The role involves travelling to various sites and can occasionally require overnight stays, so the successful candidate would be flexible in this respect.
Operations Engineers are required to undergo assessment to obtain IDNO and DNO Authorised Person/Senior Authorised Person authorisations for authority to operate on IDNO/DNO networks, which can include Last Mile, ESP, GTC, UKPN, WPD and SSE networks.
Additional testing & commissioning training can be provided for suitable candidates that possess the required operational knowledge and experience.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Testing & Operational Duties (where appropriately authorised) –
- 11kV & LV switchgear pre-commissioning and testing; IR & Continuity Testing, Pressure testing, Primary & Secondary Injection Testing of protection systems (Fuse and Relay based), CT Continuity, Magnetisation Curve, Polarity & Ratio Checks
- IR & Pressure testing at all voltages, including DC, AC and VLF testing. Sheath & IR tests for DNO witnessed tests and audits etc, including stripping & re-capping of cables for testing purposes.
- LV IR and Continuity Testing
- Liaison with DNO engineers during final connections of LV and HV installed networks, for connection and energisation of newly installed substations.
- Energisation of IDNO/DNO LV networks for connection of customer supplies.
- Planning, preparation and execution of DNO LV & HV ‘Self-Connect’ activity, to complete final connections of installations directly to DNO networks.
- LV/HV fault location/repair, including completion of cable sheath repairs.
- Installation and testing of CT Metering wiring to COP3/COP5 and P283 industry standards.
What we are looking for:
Experience / Knowledge:
Previous experience in the utility sector in a similar Operational Role
HNC, or equivalent, level of qualification, with a good theoretical and working knowledge of 1ph and 3ph electrical systems at both LV and HV.
Current or previous DNO/iDNO 11kV AP/SAP Operational Authorisation
A recognised supervisory Health & Safety qualification (e.g SSSTS or IOSH)
What we can offer you:
- Competitive starting salary
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year after two complete years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Death in Service Insurance (3x salary)
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution
- Private Medical Insurance (following successful probation)
- 24/7, 365 days a year confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme