Residential Network Connections for Winterstoke Village
Winterstoke Village is located on the old Weston airfield, Weston-Super-Mare. Consisting of 2,400 homes and a commercial park which will create over 3,600 new jobs, the site is part of a much larger development strategy for Weston-Super-Mare.
UK Power Solutions was commissioned with the design and installation of the HV and LV network for the first phase of works, consisting of 900 homes, and a number of commercial units.
To date, we have designed and installed four distribution substations and over 3,000m of HV cable. Since UKPS was appointed over 270 new homes and several commercial units have been successfully connected.
Like many developments of this size, detailed information only becomes available in smaller phases. UKPS was able to assist the client with outline costs based on the small amount of information available when construction began. The build-out strategy was developed with the client to future-proof the site for upcoming phases and changes.
As a result, the site has built out very quickly, benefitting from the close working relationship and fast response time UKPS has been able to offer.
- Connect 900 houses and multiple commercial units.
- Thousands of meters of 11kV cable installation.
- Hundreds of street lighting connections
- Quick installation of street lighting on clients new infrastructure layout
- Saved client significant upfront costs by assisting with site load and capacity strategy
- Assisted client with substation locations in order to provide the most cost-effective solution.
- Proposed a unique quoting method to reassure client on a site with ever-changing residential network connections requirements.
- Local Project Manager for strong client support.
- Design team able to make and advise on changes
- Coordinated works with other utility providers involved.